Today’s Adventure:DISCOVERIES IN MY BACK YARD
Jam fact: I made a promise to myself.
When I made the promise I would have an adventure a day I know I set myself a challenge. It was a good move really because some days I find it hard to motivate myself to do something.
So yesterday I made myself walk the yard to see what has sprung since spring arrived.I’m so glad I did.
I discovered that:
- The nectarine is just bursting into bloom.
- My tomato bush has started to flower so tomatoes are on their way.
- My first rose of the season is out –how did I miss that?
- My grape vines have started to shoot.
- My blueberry will have fruit very soon.
- My first orchid flower is out – last time I looked the stalks were in bud and
- My first strawberry will be ready to pick tomorrow. I will have to get in early to beat our resident “Bung Arrow”- he likes to eat my strawberries although I am yet to sight him this season, so I may be in luck.
So all in all a lot has happened since I last did a walk around the house. If I had stayed inside feeling sorry for myself I would have missed several things that brought a smile to this little UNYOUNG’s face.
Until tomorrow – spring has definitely sprung in my part of the world. I hope it has in yours too.