It’s on the quilting machine as we speak!
TODAY’S ADVENTURE: I am enjoying a week of a few firsts.
JAM FACT: I am back to having two good feet.
Summer is almost here. I can feel it in the air because:
- Yesterday I had my first swim for the year and no wet suit was required.
- I spied the first of the good little ladybirds for the season. [They were in fact enjoying the lettuces at the time]
- The first of the snow peas are ripening nicely and are just on the verge of being picked.
- I de headed the roses after their first blooms of the season and gave them another fertiliser treatment, so hopefully I will get another round of beautiful blooms before Christmas.
- I harvested the garlic and hung the bulbs out to dry. I fleetingly thought about making a decorative garlic string to hang in the pantry; apparently it’s a good moth deterrent but as I haven’t any moths in there I didn’t bother.
- My Moon Boot came off. Yeah!
- I saw a long arm quilting machine. It was preparing to work on my quilt. My excitement was palpable.
With all that happening here in my part of the world, I can’t help but be optimistic about the summer days ahead.
Until next time… as the saying goes; let the good times roll.