They say old habits die hard and I have to say that this little UNYOUNG JAM continues to be a bit of a testament to that idiom.
Some of my habits originated during my childhood family years and others have simply evolved over living the past almost 50 years, with MY J.
Do I want to stop any of those habits? Not sure that I do because I can be a little superstitious too and so I asked myself, what if I changed some of those habits and my ‘luck in life’ was jeopardised in some way? I could not possibly have that happen…so the decision has been made – these following long time habits are staying put.
- Sleeping on the left side of the bed – have done that for as long as I can remember. [Thankfully MY J turned out to be a right side of the bed lover] Of course, it goes without stating the obvious – I must get out the left side every morning too.
- Always putting any footwear on, left foot first. [Does that make me right hand dominant? Not sure of the scientific facts but it’s true, I am right-handed for nearly almost everything else.]
- Tying my shoelaces with a single tied knot. I make a good size loop with both ends of the laces before turning them through to make that single tied knot. Never worn ‘double knots’ in my life.
- Only reading books with a happy conclusion – yes guilty as charged. This habit started just after my dad passed away thirty plus years ago. I always read the last page first – no happy ending – no buying/ borrowing of said book.
- And this Blog always has a photo or two taken the very week I write the anecdote. [Very, very occasionally I repost a favourite pic but mostly I stick to the promise I made myself when I started writing the Blog – it must be a new shot because that keeps me motivated and out and about –resulting in me having a good for my wellbeing, positive attitude, which was why I started the Blog in the first place.]
So there’s a brief look into some of my old die hard habits but you get my drift; and as they form a part of my uniquely me traits, [which MY J has been A Okay with for almost 50 years] – I don’t plan to change any of them anytime soon.
Until next time – stay cool and hydrated.